Monday, April 14, 2008


And So it Begins

A little cold this morning, (36 after I finished) but not bad. This morning's run was not as good as the other day, but it was still good. I felt pretty strong, though my legs were heavy at the end.
This week the training really begins. I've been averaging around 8 miles a week for the past few weeks. WAY TOO LOW. So this week I'm going to bump it up, I hope to somewhere between 15 and 20.
They say you're not supposed to increase your mileage by more than 10 percent a week, but mine has been so low, and I'm fit enough, I think I can handle the big jump. Last year, actually less than a year ago, I was approaching 40 miles a week. That was a lot for me, but I should be in the 20-30 range soon, with a long run of at least 6 miles.
Anyway, the weather is supposed to be great this week, with lows in the 40's so I should have no excuses.
The Dam to Dam 20 K is on May 31. That's my goal.
I'm off.

No comments: