Friday, May 27, 2011


Running Update
The Dam to Dam race is next Saturday and tomorrow I plan on running my first double digits run of the year (maybe longer?). Despite the setbacks I think I will be ready to at least complete the race ... though I doubt a PR is in the picture.
Initially I was concerned about doing 12 miles in the Vibrams, which I've gone to now exclusively, but I think they will be fine. Tomorrow will be the real test.
Plantar fasciitis sucks! But the minimalist shoe thing seem to be working. Wearing regular shoes usually results in foot pain by the end of the day. Occasionally I wear the Vibrams to work, but they are not really work appropriate.
My runs are definitely slower in them, but at least I can run. And I think if I could lose some weight that will help boost the speed. All in good time.
BTW - If you happened to see the 5/26, a deckhand on one of the boats was driven to tears by Plantar Fasciitis and had to leave the deck. OUCH!

The plantar fascia is a very thick band of tissue that connects the heel bone to the toes. This band of tissue is what creates the arch of the foot. When the fascia is overstretched or overused, it can become inflamed. When the fascia is inflamed, it can be painful and make walking more difficult.

No comments: